Pagina opties



As of 29 September 2018, European citizens and companies will be able to log in to all Dutch public organizations using a national, by Europe acknowledged means. This has been agreed by the EU member states in the eIDAS decree. The goal of this decree is to make it easier and safer to arrange your business online, within Europe.

Extract and certificate of civil status
The muncipality records important life-events in the civil registry. These records are called certificates. If you need to provide proof of birth or need a copy of a death certificate, a marriage certificate, divorce or partner registration, you will need to apply for copy from the civil registry. If you are born in the muncipality of Westerkwartier, you can request for the certificate of civil status online.

File complaint
If you feel you disagree with a decision made by an employee of the muncipality or are unhappy with how you have been treated, you can file a complaint. Once filed, your complaint will be registered and handled with the utmost care.

Request information in the context of the GDPR
You have the right to view, correct or have data deleted held about you by the muncipality.

Place Announcement signs
It is not allowed to put a billboard without the proper documentation and permissions. You will need to submit a written request in order to do so.

Request in the context of the WOB
The ‘Wet Openbaarheid van Bestuur’ (WOB) gives a person the right to request information from the government or muncipality. If you want or need certain information from us, you  will need to submit a signed, written request. It is not possible to do this by phone or via email. This request should be as detailed as possible. Once we have received your request, we will examine which information we have and whether it can be provided to you. If there are specific reasons why we are not able to provide you with the information you have requested, we need to justify our decision. If you do not agree with our decision, you can file an appeal.

You are able to submit a request for soundtapes, photos, videos and documents. Your request should encompass information which the administrative body has at it’s disposal and should be concerned with policies, preparation or accomplishment of these policies.